The networks of the future will have increasing requirements to connect homes, companies and mobile base stations via optical fibers to increasingly distributed data centers. To this end new optical data transmission technologies are being investigated in order to reach the highest speed with new broadband optical components (DML, VCSEL, EML) via advanced signal processing (OFDM, adaptive transmission, MIMO) at low cost.
Our research topics include the following areas:
- Optical data links for metro and access networks
- Signal processing at ≥20 GHz bandwidth
- Next generation high-speed DACs und AWG
- System tests with VCSEL and multi-core optical fibers (MMF)
- On-chip-measurement in a high-speed-system-environment