Statistical Multiplex of HEVC Live Encoders
Fraunhofer HHI has developed a highly efficient live Statistical Multiplexer (Statmux) for optimized bitrate allocation between multiple Fraunhofer HHI HEVC live encoders. The bitrate of each encoder is adjusted in a closed-loop Statmux to optimize the bandwidth usage and improve the video quality.
- Most efficient usage of available throughput
- Content-aware channel bitrate adjustment
- Scales over multiple servers with increasing number of channels
- Joint optimization of HD and UHD channels
- Special operating mode of the HHI HEVC Live Encoder SDK
- One HHI HEVC Live Encoder instance per channel