MEF AuWiS - Audio-Visual Capturing and Reproduction of Traffic Noise for the Simulation of Noise Mitigation Methods
Duration: January 2017 – December 2018
Project “AuWiS” focusses on the development of solutions for realistic capturing, reproduction and simulation of traffic noise and noise mitigation methods. Following issues will be addressed:
- For high quality simulation of traffic noise and noise mitigation methods, specialized solutions for acoustic capturing are needed.
- Currently used audio capturing systems are complex and expensive.
- Currently, only reproduction of the sound field at the chosen microphone position is possible.
- Thus, only static reproduction and simulation are possible.
- Based on our experiences with complex capturing systems, we will develop a method that will allow for changes in the virtual listening / microphone position.
- Based on those capturings, state of the art real-time simulation of noise mitigation methods will be implemented to allow for interactive reproduction.
- In combination with high quality immersive video reproduction system, an interactive audiovisual environment for close-to-life evaluation of traffic noise and noise mitigation methods will be developed.
The extensive experience of the Vision & Imaging Technologies department in the field of panoramic video & audio capturing will foster development of a flexible audio capturing and simulation system suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Development of a compact acoustic capturing setup for high quality and flexible use in combination with interactive reproduction systems.
- Integration of real time processing for interactive simulation of noise mitigation methods
- Real time video playback and / or rendering for immersive audio-visual environments such as VR and Multiscreen-systems will be implemented and combined with high quality, interactive audio reproduction.
- Comparison of different capturing methods
- Development of interactive acoustic simulation tools
- Implementation of visual simulation environments
- Practical tests and validation
- Setup of an interactive, audio-visual reproduction environment
AuWiS project consortium
AuWiS is a joint research project within
Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute, HHI
Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT
- Regional, national and international medium sized companies in the area of Infrastructure and automotive engineering: Getzner Werkstoffe GmbH, Calma-Tec Lärmschutzsysteme GmbH, VibraTec AG, GuD Consult GmbH, Niles eG, BeSB GmbH.
- Communications and Media Production Agencies: V-Kon.media GmbH, KUK Filmproduktion GmbH, Gebrüder Beetz Filmproduktion, Triad Berlin Projektgesellschaft mbH
- Consulting Agencies and subcontractors of infrastructure-carriers: DB Netz AG, DB Cargo AG, Schenker Deutschland AG
- Engineering / Plannig Offices: ARUP Ltd London, Avia Consult GmbH.