SmartCareUnit Leitwarte – Subproject Proxemic Monitor
SCU Leitwarte is a joint research project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy within the SmartCareUnit ZIM-Network.
Duration: September 2014 – February 2017
NEWS: Visit us at Media 2016 at the Fraunhofer booth G05, Hall 10, November 14-17, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Smart Care Control Room for intensive care units
Project "Leitwarte" is focused on the development of solutions for an innovative control room on intensive care units with the following features:
- OEM-independent exchange of medical device and laboratory data as well as data from the hospital IT (HIS)
- Combination and fusion of heterogeneous data (measurement data, text, images, videos) from various sources
- Intelligent alerting and decision support (including traffic light system)
- Adaptive data visualization
- Contact-free human-computer interaction
- Secure documentation and archiving with data protection
Subproject Proxemic Monitor: contact-free controls for adaptive information presentation and interaction
Fraunhofer HHI is responsible for the subproject Proxemic Monitor. Based on the extensive experience of the Vision & Imaging Technologies department in the field of contact-free human-computer interaction and computer vision, a touchless control for user-adaptive image data visualization will be developed.
Proxemic Monitor objectives
- Improve hygiene for an intensive care unit (ICU) master display.
- Increasing usability/user experience
- Adaptive information presentation and user interfaces depending on the user role and relation to the display (proxemic interaction).
- Detection of a user and his position and orientation
- Detection and interpretation of hand gestures
- Implementation of a multimodal user interface (proximity, hand gestures, head gestures, voice controls, touch, mouse & keyboard)
- Development of a suitable UI for contact-free interaction
- Context aware, adaptive visualization of relevant data
Leitwarte project consortium
- Cubeoffice GmbH
- G.punkt medical services
- Dr. Hornecker Softwareentwicklung und IT-Dienstleistungen
- Yacoub Automation GmbH
- Fraunhofer Institut für Nachrichtentechnik, Heinrich-Hertz-Institut
- Universitätsklinik Aachen