12 - 13
The ITG Expert Committee KT 2 "Communication Networks and Systems" with its Expert Group "Access and Home Networks" will organize the 17th ITG Expert Conference "Broadband Provision in Germany" at the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI), Einsteinufer 37, 10587 Berlin, from June 12 to 13, 2023.
Traditionally, the conference highlights technical and non-technical aspects of broadband with a spotlight on the national situation. In line with current developments, the 17th edition will focus on 5G deployment - i.e., the current state of technical development, deployment strategies, use cases, technical and economic benefits, as well as future perspectives.
In the context of the federal government's broadband infrastructure goals (Digital Strategy 2025), interdependencies and synergies between the roll-out concepts of 5G network operators and the general fiber roll-out program are of particular interest. Other developments and challenges facing broadband access networks will also be addressed. These include, above all, current experiences from network operation during the Corona pandemic as well as the acknowledgement that energy-efficient digitization must be pushed in all areas of society.
The conference thus concerns network and product planning, manufacturing, network operation, and related research and development. All experts and actors working in these fields are invited to submit contributions. Topics of current importance will also be addressed in invited presentations along with a panel discussion.
Please send us your papers and suggestions on the following topics of the conference.
- Status of broadband coverage from the perspective of national, regional, local and private network operators
- Regulation and standardization
- Managing complexity and costs in broadband rollout
- Promotion and support options
- Coordination of fiber and 5G/6G network rollout
- Campus and building networks
- Data center networking, edge cloud computing
- Broadband applications: e.g. autonomous driving, Industry 4.0, Internet of Things
- Transmission and traffic requirements for future broadband networks
- Improvement of transmission and network security
- News in the wide area and metro network
- New transmission technologies for the access network
- Replacement of copper network in buildings with fiber optics
- Further development of wireless network access
- The role of fiber optic transmission technologies in mobile communications
- Comparative evaluation of fiber-optic and wireless network technologies
For the expert contributions, a lecture duration of approx. 20 minutes with subsequent discussion is planned.
- Contributions in German or English are welcome.
- Conference papers should be 4 to 8 pages in length. All contributions will go through a peer review process. English language papers will be available at IEEE Xplore® after the conference.
- For every accepted contribution at least one author has to be registered and has to pay the corresponding fee.
- The papers presented will be made available online in a timely manner for conference participants.
On both days of the conference, there will also be an exhibition on the current topics. Products, services and presentations will be presented to the expert audience. In addition, poster presentations on the conference topics are welcome. Contact details and logos of the exhibitors will be published in an exhibitor index.
If you are interested, please contact the local conference organization.
The first day of the conference will end with an informal dinner to encourage discussion and networking. As a framework for this, there will be the possibility of special presentations of products and techniques. Please direct your inquiries to the local conference organizer, who is also available for the individual coordination of details.
Local conference organization:
Dr.-Ing. Klaus-Dieter Langer
Tel.: 030 215 38 15