14th ITG Conference "Broadband Coverage in Germany"
23 - 24
The ITG expert committee KT 2 “Communication networks and systems“ with its focus group “Access and Home Networks“ organizes the 14th ITG Conference on “Breitbandversorgung in Deutschland. Mit 5G und FTTH beschleunigt in die Gigabit-Gesellschaft“ (Broadband coverage in Germany. With 5G and FTTH accelerated into the gigabit society) from March 23 to 24, 2020, at the Fraunhofer HHI.
Traditionally, the conference highlights technical and non-technical aspects of broadband coverage with a focus on the national situation. In line with current developments, the 14th event will focus on the 5G introduction - i.e. the current state of technical development, introduction strategies, applications, technical and economic benefits, and future opportunities. In the context of the federal government's broadband infrastructure goals (Digitale Strategie 2025), interdependencies and synergies between the roll-out concepts of the 5G network operators and the general fiber optic expansion program are of particular interest. In addition, further developments and challenges that broadband access networks have to face are addressed.
Network and product planners, network operators, manufacturers and, of course, researchers and developers in this field are invited to submit contributions.
Alongside invited lectures, discussion rounds on topics of current importance will be organized.
Please send your lecture proposals with a concise abstract (max. 1 DIN A4 page) incl. title of the contribution, name and address of the authors as well as a short biography to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ronald Freund by October 28, 2019.
By November 18, 2019, the program committee will inform the authors of the accepted contributions and announce the timetable for the next steps. The final program will be distributed at the beginning of 2020.
Please send us your papers and suggestions on the following topics of the conference.
- Broadband coverage in national and international comparison
- Framework conditions and regulation
- Funding programs, standardization, testbeds
- Access and in-house system architectures
- Fiber optic and 5G rollout
- Synchronization of fiber optic and 5G expansion
- Applications, services, business models
- Private and industrial 5G use
- 5G applications, e.g. industry 4.0 and autonomous driving
- Data traffic situation, traffic measurements
- Network security, reliability and energy efficiency
- Protection of privacy in home networks
- Radiation exposure through 5G
- Network virtualization, network slicing
- Edge cloud computing
For the expert contributions, a lecture duration of approx. 20 minutes with subsequent discussion is planned.
- Contributions in German or English are welcome.
- Conference papers of at least 4 pages will be peer reviewed and the English language papers will be available on IEEE Xplore® after the conference.
- For every accepted contribution at least one author has to be registered and has to pay the corresponding fee.
- The papers presented will be made available online in a timely manner for conference participants.
On both days of the conference, there will also be an exhibition on the current topics. Products, services and presentations will be presented to the expert audience. In addition, poster presentations on the conference topics are welcome. Contact details and logos of the exhibitors will be published in an exhibitor index. If you are interested, please contact the local conference organization.
The first day of the conference will end with an informal dinner to encourage discussion and networking. As a framework for this, there will be the possibility of special presentations of products and techniques. Please direct your inquiries to the local conference organizer, who is also available for the individual coordination of details.
Local conference organization:
Dr.-Ing. Klaus-Dieter Langer
Tel.: 030 215 38 15