Summer School: "Video Compression and Processing – SVCP 2020"
13 - 15
The 6th ITG/VDE “Graduate Summer School on Video Compression and Processing” will be hosted on July 13-15 by the 3IT Innovation Center of Immersive Imaging Technologies. The program aims at providing a forum for informal knowledge exchange and discussion of innovative research ideas among doctoral students working in the field of image and video communication and image signal processing.
The atmosphere of the summer school is intended to be very informal and less restrictive than a typical workshop or conference, thus stimulating discussions and inspiring joint research among the participating PhD students. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Techniques for next generation image and video coding
- Machine Learning for image, video and data processing and compression
- Compression algorithms for 2D, 3D, 360-degree and multi-view video and images
- Coding and processing of multispectral data
- Image and video signal analysis
- Quality assessment/Quality of experience
- Virtual, Mixed and Augmented Reality
- Technology for video transmission and networked systems
- Architecture and implementation aspects
Contributions should focus on novel research aspects, but do not have to provide unpublished material. Presentations, posters, or demos should rather give an overview of the participants’ research fields including challenges, open topics, and problems in current research. The aim is to bring together young researchers with similar topics and provide a basis for fruitful scientific discussions, motivating future cooperation.
Location: Salzufer 6, Entrance Otto-Dibelius-Strasse, 10587 Berlin, Germany
How to participate:
The summer school is open for PhD and advanced master students, for postdocs, and academic advisors working in the research areas listed. The working language at the summer school will be English. Participants are encouraged to present and discuss their research in oral and poster presentations. Find out more about applying for a presentation slot/spot, payment, accommodation, important dates and registration here .
The number of participants is limited to 40 people maximum, therefore it is recommended to register as early as possible.