7 - 9
The 25th Electronic Media & Visual Arts (EVA) Conference will take place from November 7 to 9. This year's focus is on "Digital Twins: Heritage - Materiality - Virtuality".
EVA is the annual forum for electronic documentation and visualization techniques in the cultural sector. The 25th edition of the conference this year focuses on the tension between material culture and virtual representation: The concept of ”Digital Twins“, transferred into the field of Cultural Heritage, is currently changing our practices of curating, scholarly documentation and communication. Digital Twins provide broader access to the collections and allow for innovative narration and visualization concepts.
Focus areas and topics
- Digital Twins. Visualization, simulation and hybrid technologies in museums, libraries and archives
- Digital Aura. Heritage in 2D, 3D, sound, video & gaming
- 3D technologies, Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
- Digital Storytelling and multi-perspective narration
- Sharing, Posting, Liking. Collaborative cultures on the Web
- Open Access and “Yellow Milkmaids”
- E-installations, performing arts and digital concert halls
- Documentation Networked. Semantic Web, AI, metadata, data standards and exchange formats
- Digital Dark Age. Long-term availability and quality of data
- Authenticity, Referentiality and Blockchain technologies in cultural heritage
- Digital DNA. Institutional areas of activity, services and innovative business models in the virtualized museum
- Initiatives and co-operations: Europeana, German Digital Library to specialized gateways and portals
The conference will present current positions and practical applications on these topics in the galleries, libraries, archivs and museums. Particular procedures, innovative products and cooperation projects will be issued at the poster session and expo. As an example, Dr. Ralf Schäfer (Fraunhofer HHI) and Georg Tschurtschenthaler (gebrueder beetz filmproduktion) give an insight into "New Experiences of Art via Volumetric Video and Virtual Reality".
The registration, program and further information can be found here .