The first National Digital Health Symposium of the "Gesellschaft für Versicherungswissenschaft und -gestaltung e. V." and the “TMF - Technology, Methods, and Infrastructure for Networked Medical Research” concentrates on the opportunities offered by extensive digitization in the healthcare system. The event takes place on November 14, 2019 at the Fraunhofer HHI.
With this new joint event, GVG and TMF aim to promote cross-sector exchange and networking between service providers, funding institutions and medical research. With the guiding theme "Apps, files and AI: Digital health innovations made in Germany?", the question of a regulatory framework and concrete success factors for implementing the digital transition in our healthcare system arises. The aim is to test and evaluate suitable digital health applications more quickly and to establish them in the first health market in order to improve patient care and strengthen Germany as a scientific and business location.
The National Digital Health Sympsoium is aimed equally at representatives of research and science, service providers and public as well as private funding organizations, start-ups and industry associations, politicians and patient organizations. The learning healthcare system of the future is to be shaped jointly:
- Which applications are suitable to improve the care of patients and how can they be integrated into everyday patient life?
- What kind of data does it need for research and innovative product development to work? What should be the rules for data donation and use?
- How do we identify concrete supply needs? What requirements do legislators and funding organizations place on digital innovations?
- How can science and funding organizations support providers in validating their health applications? What does an application need to look like in order to support service providers in their activities?
- How can a faster innovation cycle help to shape demographic change? What role do patients play?
Further information about the event, the program and the registration can be found here .