The Heinrich Hertz Institute started making its mark in the world in several leaps and bounds over a longer period of time. On August 1, 1927, Professor Karl Willy Wagner took on the leadership role of the newly founded Heinrich Hertz Institute for Oscillation Research. From its inception, the institute cultivated close contacts with the Technische Hochschule Berlin (Technical University of Berlin, Germany). At the time, the institute's domicile was on Franklinstrasse 6 in Berlin Charlottenburg. It was not until February 1928 that the seal of the Prussian Minister for the Sciences, the Arts and Public Education officially established the institute.