Berlin | Main Building and Salzufer location
How to find us in Berlin
Arriving at airport Berlin Brandenburg (BER)
- By taxi: 35 minutes.
- By taking the (regional) express trains "RE7" or "RB14", operated by Deutsche Bahn (DB), you quickly arrive at the station "Berlin Zoologischer Garten". Then take bus 245 (direction "S+U Alexanderplatz via Hauptbahnhof") to bus stop "Marchbrücke". The sites at Einsteinufer and Salzufer can be reached by a footwalk of 1 minute (in total about 1 hour 5 minutes).
- By S-Bahn S9 direction "S Spandau Bhf (Berlin)" or RB14 direction "Nauen, Bahnhof"/RE7 direction "Dessau, Hauptbahnhof" to the stop "Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten", then change to bus 245 (direction "S+U Alexanderplatz via Hauptbahnhof") to the stop "Marchbrücke". The main building of the institute is about 50 m away from the bus stop (in total about 1 hour 10 minutes).
Public transport tickets for the journey from the airport
- If your journey takes you from the airport to the city center, you will need a ticket for the ABC fare zone.
- If you want to stay in the surrounding area, you should buy a ticket for the BC fare zone.
- If you intend to make several trips on public transport on the same day, a day ticket, a 4-trip ticket or a tourist ticket might be worthwhile.
"Hauptbahnhof" is Berlin's main station on the route of most of international, regional and inner-city trains.
From here you just have to take bus 245 (direction "Zoologischer Garten") to bus stop "Marchbrücke", which you arrive in about 15 minutes. The main building of the institute is close to the bus stop (appr. 50 m).
By Public Transport
By S-Bahn (Suburban train)
- Take line S5, S7, S75 or S9 to station "Berlin Zoologischer Garten", then take bus 245 (direction "S+U Alexanderplatz via Hauptbahnhof") to bus stop "Marchbrücke". The main building of the institute is located near the bus stop (appr. 100 m).
- Take line S5, S7, S75 or S9 to station "Tiergarten", then walk alongside "Straße des 17. Juni" in direction "Ernst-Reuter-Platz" (westward) about 400 m. After crossing the channel bridge turn right into "Einsteinufer". Walking time is appr. 12 minutes.
By U-Bahn (Underground)
- Take line U2 to station "Ernst-Reuter-Platz", then either walking from Ernst-Reuter-Platz alongside Marchstraße to Einsteinufer or going by bus 245 (direction "S+U Alexanderplatz via Hauptbahnhof") to bus stop "Marchbrücke". The main building of the institute is close to the bus stop (appr. 50 m).
Motorway A 115 (AVUS) coming from Hannover, Leipzig, Nürnberg, resp. or motorway A 100 to exit "Charlottenburg, Spandauer Damm" direction city center, straight ahead "Otto-Suhr-Allee" reaching the roundabout "Ernst-Reuter-Platz", then turning into "Marchstrasse" straight ahead. For destination Einsteinufer (main building, TiME Lab) you turn right, just before arriving the bridge (Marchbrücke) and try to park here. The main building is located at the corner Einsteinufer and Marchstrasse. For destination Salzufer you have to cross the bridge first and then turn right at Salzufer. The branch office is at the left hand side.
Fraunhofer HHI's main building is the home of the TiME Lab (Tomorrow's Immersive Media Experience Lab).
On the ground floor of Salzufer 15/16, CINIQ Center for Data & Information Intelligence and 3IT - Innovation Center for Immersive Imaging Technologies Berlin welcome their partners and guests.
How to find us in Goslar
From the north
Take the B82 towards the Old City then follow B 241 (Clausthal St.) and follow it. After the traffic lights at "Kaiserpfalz", turn right into Wallstraße. After 500m, turn right again into "Am Stollen". On the right side you'll see the EnergyCampus/Fraunhofer HHI.
From the south-west
After crossing the Goslar town boundary, continue to follow the B 241. The same directions then apply as coming from the north.
From the north-east
Take the B 241 in direction of Clausthal-Zellerfeld. Follow this road until you see the signs directing you to the EnergyCampus/Fraunhofer HHI. Turn left into "Am Stollen" and follow the signs.
A footwalk of about 25 minutes from the station through the pedestrian zone in direction of "Kaiserpfalz". Then follow the "Wallstraße", cross the main road at the traffic lights and follow the signs for "EnergyCampus / Fraunhofer HHI". From the station you can also take the bus (the 806 leaves once an hour) to "Siemensstraße". From there follow the signs directing you to the "EnergyCampus/Fraunhofer HHI".
The Demo Center of Fraunhofer HHI's Fiber Optical Sensor Systems department showcases the projects Smart Control for Mobility, Near-surface Geothermal Energy and Monitoring of Wind Power Plants.
Interested in a visit? Then contact Christine Trantow via E-Mail or Tel. +49 (0) 5321 3816-8420.