The Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute research groups „Immersive Media & 3D-Video“ and „Embedded Systems“ are the one-stop address for 3D content creation. Algorithms, software and hardware to process multiple video streams are combined to develop new solutions for 2D, 3D and beyond.
- Setup, calibration and capture using multi-view video systems
- Offline and real-time 3D video analysis and disparity estimation
- Rendering of content for stereo, autostereo and immersive multi-projection systems
- Co-design of hardware, software and the overall system architecture
- Architecture approaches are addresed from hardware accelerated coprocessors up to many-core platforms