We are developing a multi-cell system-level simulator using a distributed computing environment. The multi-cell system-level simulator enables us to asses the gains of various multiple input multiple output (MIMO) transmission and receiving techniques such as:
- Codebook based transmit beamforming (according to LTE specifications),
- Interference aware multi user scheduling Beyond 3G-LTE
- Receivers such as maximum ratio and optimum combining,
- Coordinated MultiPoint CoMP transmission / reception.
It supports the spatial channel model extension (SCME), WINNER II channel models and WINNER II ITU channel models.
- max min scheduler
- max throughput
- round robin
- extended score based
- proportional fair
- Downlink / uplink channels for in- and outdoor scenarios
- Integration of 3D antenna patterns
- Relay channel generation
- Graphical user interface for simulation and evaluation parameter selection
- Distributed computing engine
- D. S. Baum, J. Salo, G. Del Galdo, M. Milojevic, P. Kyösti, and J. Hansen, "An interim channel model for beyond-3G systems" in Proc. IEEE VTC’05, Stockholm, Sweden, May 2005.
- IST-WINNER D1.1.2 P. Kyösti, et al., "WINNER II Channel Models", ver 1.1, Sept. 2007.
- R. Itu, "ITU-R M.2135 : Guidelines for evaluation of radio interface technologies for IMT-Advanced," ITU, 2008.