To achieve high coding efficiency, the HEVC standard allows much more flexibility in encoding decisions and bitstream variations compared to previous video coding standards. For HEVC decoder products, it is important that they are developed fully conform to the standard with the aim to avoid update or replacement costs if incompatibilities are found later. The Fraunhofer HHI HEVC bitstream test suite is a set of specially crafted coded video sequences that test the functionality of all individual components of an HEVC decoder and their interactions.
- Low level syntax and decoding process test bitstreams
- High level syntax test bitstreams
- Stress test bitstreams
- Pathological test bitstreams to test error resilience / concealment
- Main 10 Profile test streams
- Targeted at 2160p60 Main and Main 10 Profiles (both at Level 5.1 Main Tier)
- Includes reference decoder to verify the decoding results