The Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI offers a range of H.264 /AVC compliant codecs (IPs) for use in industrial applications. Specially tailored to real-time applications, the IPs allow coding of up to 1080p resolution on current FPGA technologies. The codecs are fully hardwired implementations with low power consumption and minimal resource usage.
- H.264 /AVC baseline profile compliant
- Intra refresh feature to avoid bitrate peaks
- Inter prediction supports all macroblock partition sizes
- Low latency below 2 frames
- SD and full HD resolutions up to 1080p with 30fps supported
- Low clock demands for real-time coding
- Low resource demands (Numbers for Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA LX240T)
- Slices: 34.000
- Slice registers: 90.000
- Slice LUTs: 98.000
- Block Ram: 212
- DSP48E1s: 65
Fraunhofer HHI offers both encoder and decoder solutions, which are available for evaluation.