Our research topics include surface illuminated and waveguide-integrated photodiodes, using III-V semiconductors materials as InGaAsP and InAlGaAs material compositions on InP substrates. As services, we offer photodetector design, design of mask sets, epitaxial wafer growth, wafer processing, anti-refelction coating, high-speed optoelectronic characterization and prototype packaging into fiber-pigtailed modules with RF connectors up to several hundred GHz.
- receiver photonic integrated circuits (PIC) with 90° optical hybrids, AWGs and SOAs
- high-speed waveguide integrated photodetectors
- high-power photodetectors
- surface illuminated (vertically) illuminated photodiodes
- uni-travelling carrier (UTC) photodiodes
- avalanche photodiodes (APD)
- single photon avalanche detector (SPAD)
- photodetector packaging
- co-integration with trans-impedance amplifiers (TIA)
- monolithic integration of HEMT traveling-wave amplifiers (TWA)
- long-haul, inter- and intra-datacenter communication
- quantum communication
- sensing e.g. LiDAR or interrogator
- microwave photonic
Space-qualified photodetectors fabricated at HHI are used for laser communication terminals by TESAT Spacecom. Meanwhile more than 9 satellites orbiting the earth with photodetectors from HHI inside.
We closely cooperated with the company II-VI COHERENT in commercializing the coherent photodetectors.