Our research topics include perpendicular illuminated and waveguide-integrated detectors, using GaInAsP, AlGaInAs, or InP as material system, and design of resulting bandwidth, responsivity and polarization properties. As services, we offer design of mask sets, fabrication of wafers, processing, backend, AR coating, high-speed optoelectronic characterization; and prototype packaging into fiber-pigtailed modules with appropriate RF connectors up to 145 GHz.
For enhanced conversion gain, a monolithic integration of amplifiers, based on InP-HEMT technology, provides pinTWA photoreceiver OEICs for 40...200 GBaud data ranges.
- Waveguide-integrated detectors up to 150 GHz bandwidth including bias-Ts
- Perpendicular illuminated circular detectors, up 60 GHz
- Narrowband photodetectors with 40, 60, 80, 85, 90, 100 GHz resonance
- Self-biased broadband photodetectors up to 100 GHz bandwidth (no ext. bias)
- Travelling-wave photodetectors with +10 dBm output power, 85 GHz bandwidth
- Balanced photodetectors up to 100 GHz bandwidth for >200 GBaud data ranges
- Twin-type photodetectors with differential output for 40 GBaud data range
- APDs (avalanche photodiodes for 56 GBaud)
Our coherent photoreceivers:
- Monolithically integrated QPSK photoreceiver OEIC, operable over C-Band, symbol rate up to 100 Gbaud
We closely cooperate with FINISAR in the commercialisation of part of our portfolio. If you need any further information please feel free to contact us.
Our pinTWA photoreceivers:
- pinTWA-OEICs for 40 Gbaud with 60 V/W conversion gain
- pinTWA-OEICs for 80/85 Gbaud with 45 V/W conversion gain
- pinTWA-OEICs for 100 Gbaud (under development in GIBON and HECTO)
- Balanced pinTWA-OEICs for 40 Gbaud with 50 V/W conversion gain
- Design and equipment of demultiplexing photoreceiver modules in GIBON and HECTO (s. "Public Projects" section)