December 2022 - November 2026
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 101093003
With current climate trends, extreme events like floodings and wildfires are increasing. Natural disaster management (NDM) is crucial to prevent these from becoming life-threatening.
The TEMA research project, funded by European Union's Horizon 2022 research programme, will greatly improve NDM by developing technologies for meaningful semantically annotated area maps, phenomenon evolution predictions and automated response recommendations in real-time. This will be achieved by AI systems that receive multiple heterogeneous data modalities, like geosocial media, topographical, or official meteorological data as input. Ultimately, the results of this AI-driven NDM platform, including explanations, will support human users in the control room who can access them via an Augmented Reality interface.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft - und Raumfahrt eV
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.P.A.
- Atos IT Solutions and Services Iberia SL
- Atos Apain S.A.
- Universidad de Sevilla
- Tecnosylva SL
- Northdocks GmbH
- Paris-Lodron Universitat Salzburg
- The Lisbon Council for Economic Competitiveness and Social Renewal ASBL
- Satitudo 40 S.R.L.
- nelen & schuurmans technology
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Foerderung der Angewandten Forschung e.V.
- University of Messina
- Kajaanin Ammattikorkeakoulu OY
- Kajaanin Kaupunki
- Center for Security Studies / Kentro Meleton Asfaleias
- Municipality of Mantoudi-Limni-Agia Anna
- Regione Autonoma della Sardegna
- Bavarian Red Cross