BRIDGET will open new dimensions for multimedia content creation and consumption by enhancing broadcast programmes with bridgets: links from the programme you are watching to external interactive media elements such as web pages, images, audio clips, different types of video (2D, multi-view, with depth information, free viewpoint) and synthetic 3D models.
Bridgets can be
- created automatically or manually by broadcasters, either from their own content (e.g., archives, Internet and other services) or from wider Internet sources;
- created by end users, either from their local archives or from Internet content;
- transmitted in the broadcast stream or independently;
- filtered by a recommendation engine based on user profile, relevance, quality, etc.;
- enjoyed on the common main screen or a private second screen, in a user-centric and immersive manner, e.g., within 3D models allowing users to place themselves inside an Augmented Reality scene at the exact location from which the linked content was captured.
To deliver the above, BRIDGET will develop:
- a hybrid broadcast/Internet architecture;
- a professional Authoring Tool to generate bridgets and dynamic AR scenes with spatialised audio;
- an easy-to-use Authoring Tool for end users;
- a player to select bridgets, and consume and navigate the resulting dynamic Augmented Reality scenes.
Fraunhofer HHI is contributing with its expertise on multi-view 3D analysis and creation of highly photorealistic 3D models of arbitrary scenes.