Personalised Content Creation for the Deaf Community in a Connected Digital Single Market
Duration: September 2017 - August 2020
Content4All is a European funded Horizon 2020 project.
The project Content4All aims at making content more accessible for the sign language community by implementing an automatic sign-translation workflow with a photo-realistic 3D human avatar. The final result will enable low-cost personalization of content for deaf viewers, without causing disruption for hearing viewers.
Fraunhofer HHI is responsible for the generation and development of a novel hybrid human body model that allows for photo-realistic, real-time rendering and animation. Accordingly, covering all the aspects of model creation, capture, animation, and rendering:
- Exploiting innovative capturing technologies, in order to reproduce fine details (e.g. finger, hands for sign language animation) with limited modeling effort; i.e. fusing rough body models for semantic animation with video samples as dynamic textures.
- Integrating novel rendering methods that combine standard geometry-based computer graphics rendering with warping and blending of video textures.
- Investigating and developing new techniques for realistic and efficient transitions between the video-textures and the geometry motion.
- University of Surrey
- Fraunhofer HHI
- Human Factors Consult (HFC)
- SWISS TXT
- Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep (VRT)